Sickness Certificate

How to Request a Fit Note

If you are off work for 7 days or less, you do not need to give your employer a fit note or other proof of sickness from a medical professional.

Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or you can download it from the HMRC website.

You must give your employer a doctor’s ‘fit note’ (sometimes called a ‘sick note’) if you’ve been ill for more than 7 days in a row and have taken sick leave. This includes non-working days, such as weekends and bank holidays.

Taken sick leave for more than 7 days in a row? Online fit note requests is now closed, a new system is coming on 22nd July.  If you need to request a fit note before the 22nd of July please contact the surgery on (01670) 822695

Image showing a person sneezing into a tissue